Alberto Villoldo – Shamanism & Energy Fields: #280
Why you should listen –
Alberto Villoldo, Ph.D., is a medical anthropologist and psychologist who studied the shamanic healing practices of the Amazon and the Andes for more than 25 years. He is the founder of the Four Winds Society, which teaches the philosophy and practice of energy medicine. This is Dr. Villoldo’s third appearance on Bulletproof Radio. On today’s episode, Dave and Alberto talk about pineal glands, fate and destiny, Shamanic teachings, the fight-or-flight response, placebo effects and more. Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with Interactive Transcripts!
What You Will Hear
- 0:00 – Ting
- 1:30 – Cool Fact of the Day
- 2:41 – Introducing Alberto Villoldo
- 6:12 – Psychedelic drugs and spiritual experiences
- 7:51 – Upgrading your pineal
- 10:33 – Turning fate into destiny
- 16:32 – Energy fields
- 24:35 – Investing into Shamanic learnings
- 29:32 – Fight-or-flight response
- 37:18 – “Passive-mode” and relaxing
- 40:47 – Alberto’s teachings
- 44:51 – Heart-rate variability
- 46:30 – Placebo effects
- 51:14 – Healing the death within us
- 59:15 – 3 most important things learned in Shamanic training
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below. If you want your question to be featured on the next Q&A episode, submit it in the Podcast Question form! You can also ask your questions and engage with other listeners through The Bulletproof Forum, Twitter, and Facebook!