In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, my guest is Blake Griffin, a power forward for the NBA’s Detroit Pistons and a six-time NBA All-Star.
To stay at the top of his game, he’s dedicated to high-performance training and a healthy lifestyle. “I just naturally enjoy healthy things,” Blake says. “And I think some people don’t believe that that’s a possibility. But I actually do, and I’ve always had this interest in it.” He keeps upping his athleticism, redefining health and wellness, and expanding his repertoire of skills.
Off the court, Blake has cultivated a reputation for business acumen—appearing on the cover of the 2019 Forbes 30 under 30.
And in a surprisingly non-athletic turn, he’s gained respect in the world of comedy with his impressive comedic timing. He’s appeared on The Tonight Show in advance of his annual comedy. by blake fundraiser, which he hosted at the world-renowned Just For Laughs comedy festival in Montreal.
Listen on to learn about Blake’s training and travel biohacks and how delegating opened up his time to follow new pursuits.
Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript
- Blake’s new podcast 00:04:25
- Why Blake prefers to be busy 00:07:00
- How Blake learned to delegate responsibilities 00:09:50
- How long can you play the sport? 00:15:00
- Blakes biohacking tools 00:16:40
- How Blake deals with travelling so much 00:21:10
- How to stay hydrated 00:25:30
- Basketball and comedy? 00:27:30
- How to deal with fear 00:29:20
- Why Blake got into acting 00:33:10
- Why non-profit work is important 00:34:45
- What Blake’s parents did when he went pro 00:37:40
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/apple and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.