Brant Cortright – Neurogenesis Diet & Combating Cognitive Decline: #287
Why you should listen –
Brant Cortright, Ph.D. is a Professor of psychology at the California Institute of Integral Studies. He is the author of the #1 international bestseller The Neurogenesis Diet and Lifestyle: Upgrade Your Brain, Upgrade Your Life., a holistic approach to optimizing brain health. He joins Dave on the show today to talk about neurogenesis during pregnancy, diet tips, Omega 3s, the dangers of sugar, exercising your brain and combating cognitive decline. Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript!
What You Will Hear
- 0:00 – Cool Fact of the Day
- 0:48 – Wix
- 2:36 – Introducing Brant Cortright
- 4:27 – Talking neurogenesis
- 10:30 – Brant’s diet tips
- 16:57 – Problems with sugar
- 19:58 – Omega 3s
- 26:20 – Boosting brain performance
- 34:05 – Neurogenesis during pregnancy
- 40:00 – Benefits of more brain cells
- 44:50 – Exercising and neurogenesis
- 53:11 – Cognitive decline
- 59:42 – Top 3 recommendations for kicking more ass and being Bulletproof
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below. If you want your question to be featured on the next Q&A episode, submit it in the Podcast Question form! You can also ask your questions and engage with other listeners through The Bulletproof Forum, Twitter, and Facebook!