Clear Brain Fog By Living In The Moment – Jamie Smart # 450
By: Dave Asprey
Ready to clear that brain fog? The first step, is figuring out what is actually true, and going from there. Jamie Smart is a Sunday Times bestselling author, speaker and executive coach. His books include CLARITY: Clear Mind, Better Performance, Bigger Results, The Little Book of Clarity and his latest book RESULTS: Think Less, Achieve More.
In this episode of Bulletproof Radio you will learn how changing your mind can lead to changing your body, and how to achieve mental clarity, without mindfulness, meditation, or medication. And how to really listen!
Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript!
Links/Resources for Jamie Smart
Books By Jamie:
CLARITY: Clear Mind, Better Performance, Bigger Results
RESULTS: Think Less, Achieve More
- Jamie on realizations and insights, how it is like “waking up to something that’s already true.”
- Three insights that Jamie had, that changed his life.
- Jamie says “what I suddenly realized was… understanding of the mind, is to psychology, what the discovery of germs, was to medicine.”
- The core principles Jamie uses in his work.
- Jamie believes he is talking about is something that’s already true about life, we just need to figure it out.
- What is an “adult teddy bear.”
- Dave and Jamie discuss the difference between feelings and thoughts.
- “Clarity is our natural state.” But what gets in the way of that?
- What can listeners do to get clarity beforehand, before an event that they are stressed about.
- How changing your mind can lead to changing your body, “changing your internal story, your framing, your reference about the stuff.”
- Why mental clarity is already your default setting, and how you can get in your own way.
- When do you get your best ideas? And why they can come at unexpected times.
- Jamie on Meditation, and how Dave is “meditating right now.”
- On listening: are you Deliberately listening to be influenced or listening to connect to people?
- Dating advice… Just listen to the other person!
- On getting into a flow state without drugs or extreme skiing!
- The three most important pieces of advice from Jamie on being the best person you can be.
- If you like today’s episode, check us out on iTunes at Bulletproof.com/iTunes and leave us a 5-star, positive review
- Go check out “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and leave a review!