Coffee Fruit Extract Is the Superfood Supplement Your Brain Needs
By: Dave Asprey
- Coffee fruit extract is a natural nootropic (brain-boosting) supplement. Coffee fruit extract comes from the bright red fruit that wraps around coffee beans. It’s packed with antioxidants and brain-enhancing compounds.
- Coffee fruit extract boosts brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) by 143 percent. It builds new pathways in your brain, which helps you learn faster. BDNF also increases mental clarity and focus.
- Coffee fruit extract also eases anxiety and is full of antioxidants that fight inflammation.
- Read below for a guide to coffee fruit extract dosage and where to get the best coffee fruit extract supplements.
The coffee plant has to be one of nature’s greatest inventions. It’s home to the universally loved, caffeine-rich coffee bean, which has all kinds of valuable benefits when you brew it into coffee. But there’s more to the coffee plant than just the beans. There’s also coffee fruit extract, which is a powerful supplement separate from coffee beans.
Coffee fruit is a bright red, cherry-like fruit that wraps around coffee beans to protect them as they grow. In the last few years, researchers have discovered that coffee fruit extract has its own unique set of benefits.
It turns out coffee fruit extract is one of the best supplements you can take for your brain. This powerful nootropic (brain-enhancing compound) helps you learn faster, prevents brain aging, reduces anxiety, and more. Here’s a look at the benefits of coffee fruit extract, coffee fruit extract dose, and what to look for in a good coffee fruit extract supplement.
Coffee fruit extract is a nootropic
Coffee fruit extract is great for your brain in several ways. That’s because coffee fruit extract boosts brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF).
BDNF is a potent brain protein that coaxes your neurons to form new connections faster and protects them from aging.
Coffee fruit extract increases BDNF by 143 percent. High BDNF benefits your cognition in several different ways:
- Faster learning. If you’re studying something complicated or developing new skills, coffee fruit extract’s BDNF-enhancing effects could help you progress faster. High BDNF may help you learn faster by encouraging new brain pathways to grow in response to new stimuli or information.
- Improved memory. BDNF triggers new brain cell connections in the hippocampus, your brain’s memory center, which may translate to better memory formation.
- Slower brain aging. BDNF is neuroprotective, too. It shields your brain cells from stress and free radical damage, which are two of the main drivers of brain aging. BDNF also helps brain cells recover from damage faster.
- Improved mood. BDNF may help with depression as well. Depressed people have decreased BDNF in certain brain regions, and taking antidepressants normalizes BDNF. If you’re feeling blue, especially as a result of stress, boosting BDNF with coffee fruit extract could help.
Increasing BDNF with coffee fruit extract makes your brain more resilient to stress and encourages it to adapt and grow faster.
Coffee fruit extract for stress and anxiety
Coffee fruit extract does more than boost BDNF. It’s also a potent source of chlorogenic acid, an antioxidant that further protects your brain from stress. When chlorogenic acid reaches your brain, it activates GABA-A receptors, the same receptors that anti-anxiety drugs like Xanax and Valium target.
Coffee fruit extract is a natural and much gentler way to ease anxiety, and it doesn’t carry any of the addictive potential that benzodiazepines like Xanax do. If you’re feeling overwhelmed or anxious, coffee fruit extract may help you keep a calm head on your shoulders and handle stressful situations with a little more comfort.
Coffee fruit extract is anti-inflammatory
The chlorogenic acid in coffee fruit extract is also a strong anti-inflammatory. Chlorogenic acid protects your cells from oxidative damage and cellular stress, and because chlorogenic acid reaches your brain, it’s also neuroprotective. Chlorogenic acid prevents drug-induced memory loss and helps cells survive free radical damage, both in your brain and in the rest of your body.
By the way, coffee beans are also rich in chlorogenic acid. For a double dose of anti-inflammatory antioxidants, try taking coffee fruit extract alongside your morning cup of Bulletproof Coffee.
Where to get coffee fruit extract
The best coffee fruit extract uses the whole coffee fruit. It’s appropriately called whole coffee fruit extract (WCFE), and is the standard for the major studies on coffee fruit extract.
You also want coffee fruit extract that has been multistep extracted, as it yields more antioxidants in the final product. Finally, you want a supplement that has enough coffee fruit extract to give you meaningful benefits. Ideally, your supplement will have 100-200 mg of coffee fruit extract.
NeuroMaster has 200 mg of multistep extracted whole coffee fruit extract, with no fillers or junk additives. It’s a great way to support your brain. You can take it anytime, with or without food.
Try coffee fruit extract first thing in the morning, alongside coffee or tea; you’ll feel the difference in focus almost immediately. Coffee fruit extract is a great addition to your daily supplement stack. Use it to keep your brain in good shape and feel clear-headed all day long.
Read next: 9 Nootropics to Unlock your True Brain
JOIN DAVE’S EMAIL LIST FOR THE LATEST NEWS
Join over 1 million fans
AND EXCLUSIVE TIPS ON HOW TO BE SUPER HUMAN
JOIN DAVE’S EMAIL LIST FOR THE LATEST NEWS