It’s Not Lyme, It’s Mold – Dr. Andrew Heyman #557
In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, our guest is Dr Andy Heyman, who is the Director of Academic Affairs for A4M. Andy is also the Medical Director of Integrative Medicine at George Washington University and is someone who has been studying, at a crazy deep level, Lyme disease and toxic mold and what they do to our genes – and he’s come up with some fantastic treatments.
Dr. Heyman is a guy with impeccable credentials who has been studying mold for years. He studies what it does your hormones, your genes, your brain, and why it is making you so tired. We’ve had other people on the show who talk about toxic mold (also check out the Moldy Movie) and how it is one of the big things contributing to Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, heart disease and many other conditions.
Mold can be a big factor in your life, whether you are specifically dealing with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue or Lyme disease and we are going to find out what to do about it in the interview today with Dr. Andy Heyman.
Follow Along with the Transcript
- In 2012-13 Andrew had the same symptoms as Dave 00:05:00
- Do most people really have 1 or 2 spirochetes in their urine? 00:08:00
- How mold patients are different from others 00:11:15
- Special compounds for treating mold exposure, lyme, and concussion 00:12:50
- It’s not lyme, it’s mold 00:15:50
- The definitive answer comes from the nanostring test 00:18:40
- Where you can find a doc who can diagnose this? 00:24:00
- Why mold exposure is getting worse 00:29:50
- Schools are one of the worst places for mold 00:32:30
- The short list of what to do if you have mold 00:35:20
- How many french fries can you get away with? 00:39:00
- Flax and Chia success 00:43:00
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/iTunes and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.