Blame your Grandma! It could be all her fault!
Dave Asprey dives in to Generational Toxicity with Dr. Dan Pompa, a global leader in the health and wellness industry.
Dave and Dan examine the root causes of inflammation driven diseases such as Weight Loss Resistance, Hypothyroid, Diabetes, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Autoimmune Disorders and other chronic conditions.
In this episode of Bulletproof Radio you will learn why the typical “cleanses” aren’t enough and how you fix yourself on a cellular level.
Follow Along with the Transcript
- “Today’s guest is a guy who was on stage at the Bulletproof Fifth Annual Bio Hacking Conference in Pasadena. He talked about something that I was really glad to bring to our attention as bio hackers, and it’s generational toxicity.”
- “But I want to talk specifically with him today about what the toxins in our environment are doing for our performance now, later in our lives as we get old, and hopefully don’t die of chronic degenerative diseases, but also what they do to our kids and our grandkids.”
- “The very frustrating part, I would go and my blood work would be relatively normal. It was very frustrating.” The feeling of trying to figure out what was wrong.
- “And in it, I was led to the answers that I teach today. That’s the pain to purpose experience.”
- “How did you go from, all right I hacked myself, and now you’re full of energy and you’re on stage all the time and helping a lot of people. How did you go from there to looking at mothers and grandmothers, and in traditional Native American seven generations back. What shifted your gears there?” -Dave
- “And I said, “I’m going to test their lead,” because I’d read that the number one source of lead is mom. They’re lead was off the chart. They got it from her. My wife, guess where she got? From her mom.”
- “So, everyone’s taking bioidentical hormones, this hormone, and there’s a time and a place, but the point is, unless you get the cell to hear the hormones better, it’s not going to make you feel better”
- On Epigenetics.
- What are the specific classes of toxins that are having these profound effects on our hormones, on our brains, on our biology?
- “Let’s look at three because I think people can understand these three. As we discussed, generational toxicity. We have scientific literature that can support this. I already said that lead, the number source of lead is mom. Our parents grew up in the lead generation. My wife got her lead from her mom, who probably got it from her grandmother, passed it into my children, who if I didn’t know what I know, would’ve had issues throughout their life.”
- Is your focus on teaching people how to remove these from the body, how to block them coming in, how to be exposed less? What are the things that listeners could do to say, “All right, maybe I have a problem. Maybe I just don’t want a problem.” What do you do about this?
- But unless you get up to the cell, you’re not going to get well. That’s where real detox is.
- Go check out “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and leave a review!
- If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/iTunes and leave us a 5-star, positive review