Face Your Money Fears Once and For All – Ken Honda #597
By: Dave Asprey
In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, I dive into gratitude, giving, and a “no-fear about money” mindset. The guest, Ken Honda, is several time zones away in Tokyo. Ken is a bestselling author of self-development books in Japan. He’s written more than 50 books and sold more than 7 million copies of his titles since 2001. His books have been translated and published in more than 20 countries. And at more than 23 million downloads, his “Dear Ken” podcast is one of the most-listened-to podcasts in Japan.
Ken began writing books about life work, life balance, wealth, and happiness in his early 30s after retiring from an accounting career. His financial expertise comes from owning and managing several businesses, including an accounting company, a management consulting firm, and a venture capital corporation.
His writings bridge the topics of self-help and finance, and focus on creating and generating personal wealth and happiness through deeper self-honesty. His perspective on business differs distinctly from other titles in the “self-help” or “finance” genre in both Japanese and American publications. He provides ongoing support to people who want to change their lives by offing mentoring programs, therapeutic healing workshops, business seminars, and correspondence courses.
“You don’t have to be super wealthy to be happy, because happiness happens in the moment,” says Ken. “Once you appreciate your money, you start appreciating your family, what you have, and everything in life. So, it’s very Zen. Once in this state of gratitude, your life shifts, and that opens a door to a new possibility of attracting more fun things in your life. It’s nothing to do with how much money you have or how much money you make.”
Ken covers established a new approach to money in his newest book—“Happy Money: The Japanese Art of Making Peace with Your Money.” So, if you want to face your fears about money, improve the relationship you have with your money and learn how generosity begets generosity, this is the podcast for you!
Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript
Transformational Leadership Council: transformationalleadershipcouncil.com
Book: “Happy Money: The Japanese Art of Making Peace with Your Money”
- When you deal with money, you have to find happiness 00:09:00
- We live in financial life of receiving and giving 00:14:20
- “Find security in your heart, not in your bank account” 00:23:50
- Transactional generosity vs. genuine generosity 00:37:10
- Bigger Ideas:
- What Japanese people do with their money that is different 00:06:40
- Gratitude and money 00:10:30
- Cultivating an attitude of appreciation is the key to happiness 00:20:20
- Practicing the worst case scenario to eliminate the fear of losing money 00:23:00
- The difference between naive and pragmatic 00:28:10
- How do you know if someone needs your money or just wants it? 00:33:50
- If you are connected to the generous universe, it works for you 00:38:20
- Why is getting rich quickly a bad thing? 00:42:30
- How do you multiply your “gifts” 00:45:15
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/iTunes and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.