Why you should listen –
Les Dethlefsen comes on Bulletproof Radio today to discuss recent discoveries about the microbiota, when you should take pre and probiotics, hacking the harmful effects that antibiotics have on our gut flora, and how a fecal transplant can save your life. Enjoy the show!
New Interactive Transcripts!
It’s easier than ever to find and share specific parts of the show with friends and family. Check out our new interactive technology by clicking through to the transcript page. You can jump around to different points in time of the YouTube video & audio by clicking on the transcript. Let us know what you think!
Les Dethlefsen, Ph.D., is a staff scientist at the Relman labs at Stanford. Since joining the lab in 2004, his work has been focused on the temporal dynamics of the gut microbiota. Les has an undergraduate double major in physics and molecular biology. He earned his Ph.D. in both Microbiology and Ecology/Evolutionary Biology from Michigan State. His current study, ‘Dynamics of the Human Microbiota,’ is looking for participants.
What You Will Hear
- 0:14 – Cool fact of the day
- 1:03 – Welcome Les Dethlefsen
- 2:42 – You and your microbes
- 11:30 – Dave’s weird biohacking experiment
- 18:27 – Antibiotics and its effects on bacteria
- 25:00 – Rebuilding the gut microbiome
- 36:52 – Gut bacteria and obesity
- 44:44 – Thoughts on industrial meat
- 53:00 – Fecal transplants?
- 1:03:08 – Top three recommendations for kicking more ass and being Bulletproof!
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below. If you want your question to be featured on the next Q&A episode, submit it in the Podcast Question form! You can also ask your questions and engage with other listeners through The Bulletproof Forum, Twitter, and Facebook!