Why Disrupting Big Food Matters: Mark Hyman #533
After decades of innovative work in the health and wellness field, Dr. Mark Hyman is broadening his focus and hosting disruptive conversations about our food and food systems in this episode of Bulletproof Radio as well as in his compelling new podcast.
Dr. Hyman is a practicing family physician, an 11-time New York Times bestselling author, and an internationally recognized leader, speaker, educator, and advocate in the field of Functional Medicine.
He is the Pritzker Foundation chair in Functional Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine and director of the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine.
He also is the founder and director of The UltraWellness Center, chairman of the Institute for Functional Medicine, medical editor of The Huffington Post, and a regular medical contributor for national media outlets.
Follow Along with the Transcript
The Doctor’s Farmacy podcast: drhyman.com/podcast/
- What Mark did in Haiti 00:05:20
- It is important to ask yourself what is important to you 00:07:40
- Food matters in so many ways 00:09:40
- Starbucks spends more on health care than on coffee 00:10:40
- GMO glyphosate on soybeans lawsuit 00:12:40
- How good food transforms children 00:14:30
- The food companies only do what the government tells them to 00:19:00
- Why Mark leads with love at all times 00:21:45
- Top three things Mark would have people do to have more energy now and support the environment 00:27:30
- The reason that most of us suffer 00:29:40
- The less I do for “me” 00:33:35
- In order to achieve a higher level of being, you have to clear out the garbage 00:44:30
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/iTunes and leave us a 5-star, positive review.