Metabolic Flexibility, Fasting & Sleep: A Fresh Look at the Keto Revolution – #435
By: Dave Asprey
Why you should listen –
Want to learn how to transform your body to become a fat-burning beast? Mark Sisson – best-selling author of “The Primal Blueprint,” a former world-class endurance athlete, and the publisher/blogger behind MarksDailyApple.com – reveals his proven eating strategy for losing weight and improving health from his new book, “The Keto Reset Diet.” In this fascinating conversation with Dave, Mark discusses the importance of metabolic flexibility, the proper way to do a keto reset and its bevy of benefits, how the process of ketosis actually works in the body, and the essential role of ketones. Mark also shares his opinion on sleep, the “rules” of fasting, and the American habit of eating three square meals a day in this illuminating discussion on nutrition and lifestyle. From the inventor of the primal movement, discover how going keto can help reset your metabolism, burn fat, optimize your metabolic and hormonal functions, AND make you feel great!
Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript!
Resources/Links for Mark Sisson
- Grab a copy of Mark’s book that releases today, October 3rd: The Keto Reset Diet
- Order on Amazon, Books-A-Million, Barnes & Noble, or anywhere books are sold
- Order The Keto Reset Diet from your favorite retailer, then return to ketoreset.com to Claim Your Bonus Gifts and be automatically entered to win a year supply of Primal Kitchen Keto Kits
- Why you want to listen to today’s entire episode until the end…what you’ll learn + get a transcript!
- Cool Fact of the Day: There are now genetically engineered bacteria, to produce molecules that could treat certain disorders by altering your metabolism. Hmmm…Dave shares his thoughts
- Check out one of Dave’s favorite travel hacks – the 3 oz. travel size of Brain Octane Oil, to bring with you when you’re on the go!
- Dave introduces author, endurance athlete and publisher of popular website and blog, MarksDailyApple.com — Mark Sisson
- Why metabolic flexibility is so important, and Mark’s take on the keto movement
- Mark explains what the “keto zone” is, and how to do a keto reset
- How protein really works into a keto reset and diet, and how the goal is to burn fat
- Mark explains the process of ketosis, and how ketones work
- Dave explains some of the numbers involved in ketosis and the keto lifestyle
- Mark’s opinion on having “three square meals” a day
- Why the keto diet may be surpassing the Paleo diet, and Mark shares more info about why it works
- Mark walks Dave through the steps of the keto reset from his book
- Keto beverages…what to drink on a keto diet, and how that impacts fasting
- What happens after a keto reset, what’s next? Mark explains…
- How the tradition of Ramadan is like a keto reset
- Dave talks about how different foods will make you store fat or store muscle at different rates
- Mark’s three most important pieces of advice for performing better and being your best self in all aspects of life
- Pick up Mark’s books, “The Keto Reset Diet: Reboot Your Metabolism in 21 Days and Burn Fat Forever” and “The Primal Blueprint”
- Check out KetoReset.com for more information about Mark’s book and program
- Visit Mark’s Daily Apple for lots of fantastic health information
- If you like today’s episode, check us out on iTunes at Bulletproof.com/iTunes and leave us a 5-star, positive review
- Check out the Keto Diet for Beginners – Your Complete Guide
- Go check out “Head Strong” on Amazon and leave a review!