Glenn Elzinga: Grass-Fed Beef & Bulletproof Protein
With training in forestry and forest ecology, Glenn began his forestry career in Maine. In the mid 1980s, he moved to Salmon, Idaho where he worked as District Forester for the Salmon BLM for over a decade.
As his family began to grow, he realized he wanted a better way to raise kids than leaving them for work all day. So began his current career in ranching. After ranching for 17 years, Glenn’s cattle herd has grown from 7 head to over 600. He keeps his hand in forestry by working with his wife, Caryl, on consulting projects and by horse-logging occasionally with his two Belgian mares, Pet and Pat. He hopes to train his new draft Suffolk geldings, Red and Snap, to log as well.
Did you know you can get a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more by entering your email address in the box on the right side of this page?
What We Cover
- 2:00 – Tell us about Alderspring, the amount of cattle, and what makes Alderspring’s “Bulletproof” meat
- 8:45 – Are cows are bad for soil and is grass-fed beef not sustainable?
- 14:10 – Glenn’s personal experience in relation to Desertification talk at TED
- 16:30 – The divide between Vegan/Vegetarian and Grass-fed Meat (For the Health of the Planet)
- 19:00 – Do you (Glenn) ever eat feedlot meat?
- 22:10 – How America’s (producer and consumer) beef standard has plummeted since the 1950s
- 24:30 – Dave compares filet mignon to a grass-fed steak
- 26:30 – What’s up with Alderspring’s yellow fat? (When everyone else’s is white)
- 31:40 – Why Glenn’s sockeye salmon is the best “bang for your buck”
- 37:40 – Why the balance of fish and grass-fed beef is best for performance
- 39:00 – The sustainability of our food and the land we process it on
- 41:20 – What is the best way to cook a ribeye?
- 45:30 – Top Three High Performance Recommendations
Links From The Show
Coupon Code for 15% off a 1 or 3 piece filets of Alderspring’s Wild By Nature Whole Copper River Sockeye Salmon:
Enter it in the coupon code blank in Alderspring’s shopping cart at check-out. Good until June 2nd, Midnight Eastern or until they sell out, whichever comes first.
Want to get your Sexy Back?
May 19th – 25th
Join Sean Croxton, host of the SexyBack Summit for some dynamite line-up speakers, I’ll be speaking on Upgrading Your Orgasm. Starting May 19th until May 25th, there will be a FREE viewing period for each day’s presentations that will begin at 9am Pacific and end at 8:59am the following day. There are some great presenters every day! See Sara Gottfried on the kick-off day, May 19th! Friday May 24th, check-out Chris Kresser! Mark your calendars for May 23rd, and my presentation Bulletproof Sex: Upgrade Your Orgasm.
May 19th -25th, these amazing speakers share with you a ton of great information, including:
- How to Restore Sexual Vitality
- The Role of Food, Exercise and Hormones for Health and Great Sex
- Natural Birth Control Alternatives
- Why Communication and Vulnerability Enhance Your Sexuality
- Better Orgasms
Today’s video is the Top 5 Ways to Supercharge Your Sex Drive Naturally!
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in comments section below.
You can also ask your questions via…
Don’t forget to leave a ranking in iTunes. It helps more people find our show.