Kelly Starrett: Bulletproof Your Mobility & Performance
Coach Kelly Starrett received his Doctor of Physical Therapy in 2007 from Samuel Merritt College in Oakland, California. He currently runs his own physical therapy practice at San Francisco CrossFit—one of the first 50 CrossFit affiliates—and focuses on performance-based Orthopedic Sports Medicine with an emphasis on returning athletes to elite level sport and performance. His clients see exceptional results from his progressive blend of manual physical therapy and strength training. Since 2009, Kelly has been traveling the country teaching his “Movement, Mobility & Maintenance Course” in an effort to spread his message that good mobility and proper movement are the keys to good performance and that all humans should be able to perform this basic maintenance on themselves.
Kelly’s clients have included Olympic gold-medalists, Tour de France cyclists, world-class extreme skiers and X-Games medalists, dancers with Smuin, San Francisco, and Sacramento Ballet Companies, military personnel, and competitive age-division athletes.
Did you know you can get a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more by entering your email address in the box on the right side of this page?
What We Cover
- 1:10 – Why is what your doing so big?
- 11:35 – Systems thinking and bulletproofing human brain & body
- 15:33 – The difference between functional movement and optimal movement
- 16:13 – How do you fix dysfunctional movement patterns that came in way before people had a chance to think about how they squatted or did anything else?
- 18:49 – Why movement dysfunction is not your fault and how you can change
- 23:00 – How far can you move someone whose had chronic pain from arthritis, surgery, or dysfunctional movement patterns for over a decade?
- 25:00 – How to use the gym as your laboratory
- 26:20 – In addition to collagen, what are the building blocks for fascia and performance in general?
- 29:27 – The importance of sleep
- 30:12 – Setting the conditions for optimization of your system
- 39:46 – What about stretching? What is it and does it work or cause injury?
- 43:39 – Top 4 Recommendations
Links From The Show
Food & Supplements
Becoming a Supple Leopard by Kelly Starrett
The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle
May 19th – 25th Join Sean Croxton, host of the SexyBack Summit for some dynamite line-up speakers, I’ll be speaking on Upgrading Your Orgasm. Starting May 19th until May 25th, there will be a FREE viewing period for each day’s presentations that will begin at 9am Pacific and end at 8:59am the following day. There are some great presenters every day! See Sara Gottfried on the kick-off day, May 19th! Friday May 24th, check-out Chris Kresser! Mark your calendars for May 23rd, and my presentation Bulletproof Sex: Upgrade Your Orgasm.
May 19th -25th, these amazing speakers share with you a ton of great information, including:
- How to Restore Sexual Vitality
- The Role of Food, Exercise and Hormones for Health and Great Sex
- Natural Birth Control Alternatives
- Why Communication and Vulnerability Enhance Your Sexuality
- Better Orgasms
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in comments section below.
You can also ask your questions via…
Don’t forget to leave a ranking in iTunes. It helps more people find our show.