Face Aging with the Science of Beauty – Rachel Varga – #668
In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, the topic of skin gets to shine. Caring for your largest organ can take many forms. What’s right for you could range from skincare to rejuvenation procedures to lasers or light therapies. It’s all about your individual aging goals.
In this judgment-free show, I talk with skin rejuvenation and anti-aging expert Rachel Varga, BScN, RN, CANS. She’s been a Board Certified Aesthetic Nurse Specialist since 2011. She’s an international clinical trainer, speaker, podcaster, and academically published award-winning author in the field of plastic and aesthetic nursing.
Through education on skin care, rejuvenation procedures, non-surgical solutions, and healing lifestyle practices, Rachel helps inspire others with her unique toolkit. “It’s all about the science of beauty, and it’s half art, half science,” she says. She helps people optimize aging through aesthetic medicine.
Understanding the biological happenings and the underlying science of again can help you decide what to do about it—if anything. “Three facets—the changes in the skin, the bone, and the fat—are really some of the key players that result in facial sagging and everything kind of going downwards,” Rachel says.
Listen on to learn practical tips about product safety, treatments to avoid, and how you can choose the skin rejuvenation options that match how you want to age.
Enjoy the show!
Use promo code “DAVE” to get 15% off Rachel Varga’s virtual consultation, eBook and/or masterclass. Learn more here.
- 1:1 Virtual Consultation: Assessment and education on skin care, skin/laser treatments, and non-invasive skin rejuvenation
- Unlocking Your Vitality eBook: A strategic guidebook for learning about the effective rejuvenation solutions
- Unlocking Your Vitality Masterclass: Exclusive 30+ expert video series that shows you how to get the skin you want and age impossibly well
Follow Along with the Transcript
- The five Ds that destroy your skin 00:07:00
- DIY rejuvenation has become popular in the U.S. 00:10:50
- How risky is it to not go to a professional? 00:12:15
- The problems with buying rollers online 00:16:00
- What is hyaluronic acid and is it keto? 00:17:30
- What to look for, if you want these types of treatments 00:19:50
- Are the “lip vacuum pumps” ok to use? 00:21:30
- Injecting filler into someone’s ears 00:24:00
- What to do if your filler has migrated 00:25:30
- The difference between sagging and deflation 00:29:15
- How sleeping affects your face shape 00:30:20
- What dynamic discord is and what facial muscles it affects 00:37:20
- Which face muscles should you exercise? 00:41:10
- How safe is Botulinum? 00:42:45
- How to plan your procedure 00:45:00
- Why did Rachel get started on cosmetic procedures? 00:48:00
- Body dysmorphia disorder 00:50:50
- When you are a healer, you want to heal people in many different ways 00:54:00
- What do lasers do to our skin? 00:55:50
- Turning back the age of cells 01:06:10
- What do you say to the naysayers? 01:08:05
- What is wrong about “aging gracefully” 01:09:30
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/apple and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.